Plans for a Japanese Guest House
These plans are for a guest house or small house, approximately 500 square feet. It is constructed using American construction techniques and materials, but when finished looks completely authentic.
Since these are designed to be built by Westerners with an interest in Japanese culture, they are built with standard building materials available in the United States. They can be constructed by anyone with a basic knowledge of carpentry and woodworking.
- Eight-mat washitsu (living/sleeping space) with shoin, tokonoma, and fusuma closet space
- Engawa (enclosed veranda)
- Genkan (entry hall)
- O-Furo – traditional Japanese bath
- Toilet room with separate vanity area
A traditional Japanese garden would be the ideal setting for these buildings. Resources for designing and creating Japanese gardens are included on our<a href=”resources.php”>Resources</a> page.
Complete construction package:
- Complete working drawings
- Complete materials list
- Booklet of instructions, tips and notes
- CD with 75 photos of details
- Glossary of Japanese terms
- Sources for materials, finishes and furnishings
US $450.00 Price includes first-class postage and handling.
Plans will ship in 3-7 working days.
Washington State residents will be charged 8.7% sales tax
Secure online payment via Paypal.